There is no such thing as a typical White & Case trainee. We recruit people from all walks of life, from different national and cultural backgrounds, and with widely varying personalities. Even so, there are a few special qualities we always look for:
- Academic excellence – to become a high performing international lawyer, you’ll need drive, determination and real intelligence.
- Left brain / right brain – inquisitive and open minded – someone who can analyze how the law works and be creative, yet commercial in your interpretation.
- Team player / adaptable – you’ll work in small, focused teams, so your colleagues will trust you to perform tasks accurately, efficiently and on time.
- Integrity – it’s your middle name. There can be no compromising on professional standards when it comes to maintaining our clients’ trust and our reputation.
- Curiosity – you’re not afraid to ask challenging questions about your work or seek feedback on your performance – that’s why we have an ‘open door’ policy.
- Language skills – you’ll work with clients in Hong Kong and in the region – being fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese will be important for you to communicate well with our clients and understand their needs.
- Character – impossible to define, but we know what it looks like when we see it. No doubt your interests and activities will reflect your strength of character. And who doesn’t appreciate a good sense of humour?